Want to share an experience or impart some knowledge on the yoga loving world?
Consider writing an article for Yoga Travel Tree, we’d love to hear what you have to say!
Why Should You Submit an Article?
- To make an impact. By posting on Yoga Travel Tree you’ll be reaching an audience who appreciates learning from your experiences. Our readers are excited about yoga, health, and wellness and want to learn as much as possible about these and similar topics.
- To reach new readers. With each accepted submission, you’ll begin to develop a following of yoga-loving, kale-eating, outdoor-adventuring, occasional bacon-eating, hippies and yuppies alike. We not only publish posts to our homepage, we also share articles on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest communities. Published posts will also be visible throughout the site on the sidebar, through search, and with related posts.
- To achieve professional gains. If you talk about what you know, what you’re interested in and what excites you, you’ll inevitably build contacts, book gigs, and get your name or company out to the right clientele. Just by sharing your love/passion/knowledge for all things wellness, so many doors will open.
What You Need to Know: Submission Requirements
- Yoga Travel Tree is primarily a yoga focused website, but that doesn’t mean we’re not interested in other categories as well. Travel, health, fitness, nutrition, personal care, mental health, and general well-being are all welcome subjects.
- Please compose your submission with Yoga Travel Tree in mind. Original content is required. We will not publish posts that have been previously published or posted anywhere else on the internet, or that you plan on submitting elsewhere. Copyright: Yoga Travel Tree requires that all articles submitted must be original and unpublished. Rights to the article and editorial control will be owned by Yoga Travel Tree.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions. If you work for a content farm or are writing articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO or to plug a product or brand name in a post, we are not interested. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy then we are not interested.
- Articles should range from 500-1500 words, however amazing content will override word count. If you have an extremely compelling idea, please share!
- Include external links and attach photos in the submission email, if you are using images from other websites, please include links to the original for image credit. We reserve the right to edit external links as is appropriate.
- Be truthful and factual. This kind of goes without saying, but still... While many posts are based on subjective experiences, those that appear to be based in fact need to actually be factual. Crazy, huh?
- Yoga Travel Tree reserves the right to edit any submissions. We have a diverse audience of yoga lovers and we want to make sure all submissions speak to their interests and mentality and fit the voice and theme of our site.
- We love connecting with new contributors! While we have a big voice, Yoga Travel Tree is a very small team. Because of this, sometimes we don't have the opportunity to respond to all submissions, although we do read each one carefully. If your piece has been accepted, you will receive a response within 14 days. If you don't hear back from us within two-weeks of submission, it has been decided that the piece doesn't meet one or more of our publishing criteria and we have passed.
- Please only submit material we haven't reviewed, and one piece at a time. If you didn't hear back within the timeframe, please don't re-submit the same post. You're quite welcome to submit a different post after the 14 days have elapsed.
Interested in writing for us? Great!
Then, keep on reading for instructions and quick tips!
How to Submit
Please read each of the submission guidelines and follow them carefully. We receive a large quantity of pieces and your piece is more likely to be published if you rock at following instructions!
- Place your piece directly into the body of the submission email. No need to attach your article as an external document, just paste it on in there! If you have any images that reenforce your content, please attach those files to your submission email. Please make sure to include a short bio and headshot with your article.
- Links to photos and other websites must be listed below the article. Please don’t embed links in the text, instead [bracket] the text that should be linked.
- Include a short (120 word) bio, links to any social media/websites you’d like to include within your submission.
- Email all submissions to email@example.com with the subject line “Write For Us, Your Article Name”
- Please allow 14 days for a response. If your submission is accepted, you will be contacted by our team within 14 days of your submission date. If you haven't heard from us within this timeframe, we have passed. Feel free to submit a NEW piece after the 14 days are up.
Quick Tips for Better Articles
- Yoga Travel Tree has smart readers. We're an information-based website, and out audience prefers information based, useful and relevant posts more than personal essays. If you have to put a little time into researching an article, fear not! They'll love it!
- Our readers like numbers, lists and how-to's. Articles that are presented in list format are usually big hits. "(#) Ways to ..." and " (#) things..."posts are sure to capture attention, "How to" and "...for Dummies" articles are always crowd pleasers.
- Keep things fresh. If there's a holiday, change of the season, or news story that captures national attention, we want pieces that relate these things to yoga and healthy living!
- Yoga Travel Tree is not a personal blog. Try to maintain a voice of authority, and share relevant and useful information. Avoid first person pronouns (I, me, my), and phrases like "I feel." or "It makes me feel like" This doesn't mean strip your voice from articles, just make sure you're doing your best to provide information to our lovely readers!
- Try to be unique. Check out our articles section, and have a look at pieces we already have. If we have one titled "6 Simple Green Salads" chances are we're less likely to accept another green salad post for a while. Brownies on the other hand...mmm.
- For even more tips, check out The 4 Pillars of Writing Exceptional Blogs by Leo Babauta
Find your yoga...with Yoga Travel Tree!