Let pure life, or pura vida as Costa Ricans say, move you. We'll hike to waterfalls, zip line, learn Latin Dance, mingle with locals, practice yoga at the beach, eat well and connect with nature, new friends and your most vibrant Self.
Location: Costa Rica
Base Price: $1,579.00
Start Date: 6/20/2018
End Date: 6/27/2018
Freedom to Flow is calling you if...
· You are an adventurous spirit seeking inspiration outside your daily routine.
· Your inner child seeks playtime to explore the wonders of nature.
· Your body or mind craves a recharge for optimal wellness.
· You'd like to learn from the culture of one of the happiest countries in the world, as named by Happy Planet Index.
· You'd like practical tools for awakening inner joy, regardless of rain or shine.
Let pure life move you.
How You’ll Benefit from Freedom to Flow:
1. Cultivate resilience and inner calm through guided daily meditations and practice in the art of joyful living with Root 2 Rise Yoga Founder Michelle Chua.
2. Increase your physical strength and flexibility through fun daily outdoor adventures and yoga asana (posture) practice with Michelle, moving mindfully at your pace and ability level.
3. Find clarity and greater Self-awareness, as you step outside of your home routine to explore Tico (Costa Rican) landscape and lifestyle and meaningful travel in Central America.
4. Unplug and detoxify from big-city life, bathing your senses in fresh rainforest and ocean air and inspiring views of enchanting biodiverse wildlife – tropical jungle plants, exotic birds, mischievous monkeys, mesmerizing sloths and much more!
5. Balance effort and ease--through guided inner work and free time to play--as you redefine your priorities and flow with pure life, or pura vida, Costa Rica’s motto, of living in the present moment, among other definitions you'll explore.
6. Discover and experience the insightful parallels between yoga philosophy and pura vida living as facilitated by your yoga teacher, who is a former Manuel Antonio resident passionate about Costa Rica and thankfully eager to share its life-enriching power.
7. Expand your global perspective and dive into Tico culture, creating heartfelt memories with locals and world travelers, both within and outside our tribe, while practicing or learning Spanish. Be ready to engage with the towns we'll stay in, as this retreat is about connecting with the culture and building unity in diversity!
Why Retreat with Root 2 Rise Yoga?
Root 2 Rise Yoga believes in mindful eco-conscious travel and aims to build bridges of peace among cultures through the educationally fun integration of the arts. We value nature, culture, and alignment with living yoga, balancing wellness instruction, playfulness and freedom to explore town living like a local. We believe in giving, not just receiving, love where we visit, with optional activities like environmental conservation projects, volunteering and donating books to local schools. We support the local economy visiting a variety of neighborhood restaurants for our included meals and hiring locals for our guided excursions. Lastly, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is a special destination to your retreat leader in that she hosts these retreats inspired by her gratitude for the life-transformative experiences she received during her 14-month volunteer teaching there that led to her becoming a yoga teacher, founding Root 2 Rise Yoga in 2010.
*This itinerary is subject to change, pending weather conditions and changing needs of our tribe. All activities are optional and are handpicked with love for your enjoyment. If you choose not to participate in an activity, kindly give us advanced notice, as tours are pre-booked.
Arrival in Santa Juana
10am Group Pick-Up from San Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose, Costa Rica
Arrive in Santa Juana for a homemade traditional welcome Lunch
Check in to your casita & unwind from travel.
Evening Restorative Yoga & Grounding Meditation
Nature + Village Tour
Village Walking Tour: traditional sugarcane juicing, hike to waterfalls, Yoga & Meditation by waterfalls & swim in the river
Free Time to explore on your own or take a siesta, or nap, on your hammock
Traditional Cooking Class with Santa Juana's Chef
Cafecito, Costa Rican-style afternoon coffee, and snack
Outdoor Adventure Tour & Manuel Antonio
Vinyasa Yoga & Meditation
Check out of casita & travel to Zip lining, butterfly & snake sanctuary and
order of registration
Dinner at a local restaurant
Evening Social Outing
Explore Manuel Antonio Beach Town
Breakfast & Orientation to Manuel Antonio
Hike + Yoga + Meditation at the beach
Free Time/Optional visit to farmer's market
Restorative Yoga & Meditation
Dinner & Live Music
Evening Social Outing
Manuel Antonio National Park
Vinyasa Yoga & Meditation
Walking Safari in Manuel Antonio National Park
Nuayaca Falls Hike
Vinyasa Yoga & Meditation
Group transport (about 1.5 hours each way) to Nuayaca Falls hiking day trip
Last Full Day
Vinyasa Yoga or Hike + Yoga to another beach (We'll vote as a tribe.)
Free Time to say your last goodbyes to friends you've made including the rainforest animals :-)
Evening Restorative Yoga & Meditation
Evening Tribe Gathering
Depart for Airport
Yoga & Meditation
10am Checkout and group pick-up for flight home
12:30pm Estimated arrival at San Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose
*Allow 1.5 hours for airport check-in.
• 7 Nights Accommodation (2 Nights in Santa Juana Mountains + 5 Nights in Manuel Antonio Beach Town)
• Ground Transportation
• All Meals in Santa Juana
• Breakfast & Dinner in Manuel Antonio
• Daily Yoga & Meditation with Michelle Chua (Daily morning Vinyasa Flow & 3 evening Restorative Yoga Sessions)
• Traditional Village Tour of Santa Juana
• Cultural Cooking Class
• Outdoor Adventure Tour (Includes zip lining, hiking to waterfalls, swimming in the river and visiting the butterfly and reptile sanctuary.)
• Rainforest Conservation Contribution (Your stay provides aid in reforestation of the rainforest to preserve native wildlife in Santa Juana.)
• Group Community-Building Activities
• Hike + Yoga Session
• Manuel Antonio National Park Tour
• Manuel Antonio Town Tour
• Nuayacas Waterfall Hike Excursion
• Souvenir Shirt (unique to your tribe of Costa Rica 2018, this 5th year of Root 2 Rise Yoga retreats in Costa Rica)
• Optional Evening Social Outings (such as Latin Dance lessons, live music listening, etc.)
• Tourism Taxes & Tips (13% Costa Rica Tourism Tax and 10% standard tip are included in your retreat cost.)
Santa Juana Eco-Lodge (Nights 1 - 2): luxury cabins, or casitas, include one or two king-sized beds, a fully-equipped kitchen with refrigerator, spacious balcony with hammock and panoramic views of the rainforest and the Pacific Ocean, large ceiling fans and a large bathroom with hot water, hair dryer and basic toiletries (shampoo, soap, lotion, towels). Meals are served in El Mirador restaurant, a short walk away. Santa Juana's small mountain village temperatures average 70s-80s F with typical rain in the late afternoon/evening and sometimes early morning, creating thriving green plant life.
Villa Manuel Antonio (Nights 3 - 7): a shared 7-bedroom 3-story luxury vacation villa overlooking the jungle and the Pacific Ocean, sitting atop Manuel Antonio center. It's walking distance to beaches, top restaurants and cafes, the tours office, bus stop for accessing the adjacent town and the national park, some nightlife, and a small business center, which includes a bank, grocery store, and souvenir shop. Each bedroom includes 1 queen-sized bed, dresser, air-conditioner and fan. A few bedrooms have a private balcony and some have ocean views. *Guests choose their bedroom in the order in which they registered. Guests share 1-2 bathrooms per floor, with a total of 5 full restrooms equipped with hot water, towels, soap, shampoo, and lotion. Each floor has a communal living room with couches. The first floor has a fully-equipped kitchen and a large shared balcony for our at-home open-air yoga sessions overlooking the jungle and ocean. The weather in Manuel Antonio in June is warm (70s-80s F, but generally warmer and drier than Santa Juana) and humid and may rain briefly in the early mornings and evenings making for refreshing air in the day, during this start of the rainy season.
Single - Your own or a shared casita in Santa Juana (depends on total number of guests and available casitas) and your own bedroom in Villa Manuel Antonio
Shared - Share your casita with your pre-selected roommate in Santa Juana, and share your bedroom and one queen-sized bed with your roommate in Villa Manuel Antonio.
About the teacher
As a former resident of Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, Michelle Chua loves to share what she's learned about Costa Rica--it's nature, people, traditions and most especially, how pura vida lifestyle empowers you to live in resilient joy and inner peace.