Join us for a week of supreme self-care and laid back island vibes in Rarotonga - one of the world’s most seductive tropical shangri-la’s. Enjoy daily yoga on pristine beaches, meditation in enchanting tropical gardens, therapeutic body treatments, workshop to develop personal self-care plan, award winning cuisine and more!
- Country: Cook Islands (Oceania)
- Base Price: $2,448.00
- Start Date: 8/6/2017
- End Date: 8/12/2017
FLOW FOR THE WEEK
Supreme self-care and absolute enjoyment of life are the central themes of this retreat. As such, days will be spent in slow paced pursuit of a sense of wonder and play, experienced through immersion in spectacular natural surroundings and through rejuvenating rituals for beauty and balance. Evenings designed for peace, quiet and reflection will culminate in a dreamy sleep under a sky full of stars.
Referred to as “the pearl of the south pacific,” Rarotonga is the stuff dreams are made of- epic, jungle-clad mountains cascade to sparkling, sapphire blue lagoons and spectacular coral reefs. Secluded white sand beaches sparkle and contrast dramatically against the volcanic peaks and lush rainforest landscapes that define the island’s interior. Beyond the stunning natural beauty, Rarotonga is the spiritual and cultural center of the Cook Islands, her people, true lovers of life and the epitome of warmth and welcoming. Here, time slows to the pace of nature, inviting you to relax and rediscover the joy of simply being.
YOGA AND MEDITATION
Daily yoga classes are designed to support students in exploring and deepening their practice. Sessions can range from slow, deep stretching and therapeutic themes, to more challenging, vinyasa flow style classes. Morning meditations offer participants an opportunity to experience a range of techniques emphasizing simple methods that can be integrated into daily life.
Certified yoga instructor, Thai yoga massage therapist and Chrysalis Yoga Retreats Founder, Kim Wolff, will lead our daily yoga and meditation classes, providing gentle guidance and focused support while allowing space for each student to find their own connection to the practice. Soulful and playful by nature, Kim’s class sessions are based on classical Hatha yoga philosophy, postures, breath work and the principles of Ayurveda. Organic aromatherapy is used as a therapeutic tool to assist with the process of healing and transformation.
* All classes and activities are optional. Our program is designed to meet you where you’re at physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. We encourage you to participate in a way that best suits your body, mind and spirit. Practitioners of all levels are welcome, including those with no prior experience.
All cuisine served during our retreat will highlight fresh, local, seasonal, organic ingredients and will be primarily vegetarian + pescatarian with vegan and gluten free options available. Our culinary journey will begin each day with a healthy, high-vibe tropical breakfast served on-site at our retreat center. Lunch and dinner will either be served in house or at specially selected locations in and around the island. We’ll have the opportunity to partake of traditional fare cooked in earthen ovens, enjoy a fresh fish bbq on the beach, indulge in an evening of fine dining at Rarotonga’s “Restaurant of the Year,” and savor a seaside supper right on the sand to allow for optimal sunset viewing- a magical experience not to be missed. We’ll also visit the Muri Night Market which features a great selection of food stalls where we’ll sample local cuisine while enjoying live music under the stars.
Arrival is on Sunday, August 6th between 8:00 - 10:00 AM local time. Departure is on Saturday, August 12th at 2:00 PM local time. Complimentary transfers to and from the airport are included. For detailed travel information, please visit our Rarotonga Travel Info page at: http://chrysalisyogainfo.com/rarotonga-travel-info/
- Morning Ritual, Yoga & Meditation
- Mid Morning Excursion & Lunch
- Free Time To Relax, Receive Body Treatment Or Explore
- Evening Meditation, Ceremony Or Free Time
- 7 days / 6 nights en suite accommodation at our luxury, eco-friendly boutique retreat resort
- Full use of retreat amenities including the salt water pool & personal beach cruiser
- Welcome reception + champagne breakfast served poolside
- Specially curated retreat gift bag
- Daily breakfast prepared fresh each morning in-house
- 5 lunches & 5 dinners served either on site at our retreat center or at hand-selected locations in & around the island
- Daily yoga & meditation classes complemented with organic aromatherapy
- Full moon fire ceremony on a secluded beach accompanied with live drumming
- Workshop for creating daily self-care rituals in which you'll leave with a plan to implement on return home
- Therapeutic Polynesian massage in the comfort & privacy of your room
- Guided Lagoon cruise with snorkeling followed by Raro style fresh fish BBQ on a private island. Gear & lessons included
- Guided Eco-Cycle tour along the ancient coral road where we’ll witness local village life + stop along the way to soak in the scenery & hear stories of Rarotongan culture. Leisurely ride followed by lunch & swim on a secluded beach
- Heritage village experience with warriors welcome, cocktail reception, traditional feast + sunset cultural performances with authentic singers, dancers, drummers & storytellers
- Visit to the Muri night market to mingle with the locals, enjoy Polynesian street food + live entertainment & dining under the stars
- Entrance fees & transport to / from all excursions
- Transportation to / from all dining destinations
- – All tips & taxes
- – Airport transfers
*Early bird discount of $150 off applies through May 2nd!
*Airfare not included
*Alcoholic beverages not included (with the exception of our Welcome Reception & Heritage Village Experience)
Our award winning, eco-friendly, luxury retreat center is nestled within a tropical garden at the foothills of Takitumu mountain. This setting, chosen for its natural beauty and serenity, is a short stroll to the nearest beach + reef and is less than 2 miles from the best swimming spot on the island. One of the world’s most magnificent, flawless lagoons is just a short bike ride away. It’s a place where taking time away from the hustle and bustle to focus on your health, happiness and well-being is the priority. Lounge poolside, stroll through the organic garden or take a leisurely bike ride to the lagoon on your complimentary beach cruiser.
LUXURY SAFARI TENTS
Our 4 luxury safari tents are perched upon solid timber platforms and feature spacious, private decks with mountain and tropical garden views, perfect for relaxing with a cup of tea and a good book while taking in the sunset. The unique and gorgeous outdoor rain maker shower gives the feel of bathing in nature while indulging in total seclusion, so as to truly appreciate the beauty of the natural surroundings. 1 king bed or 2 twins. Double occupancy is suitable for couples, those traveling with a friend or for those who'd like to be paired up with a roommate. Single occupancy is perfect for those traveling solo or desiring more privacy.
TROPICAL ‘ARE’ STUDIOS
¨Are¨ (pronounced, are-ray) is the word for ‘home’ in the Cook Islands. Styled with true Polynesia in mind these 2 light and airy suites feature cooling high ceilings, natural woven materials, a private deck facing the stunning mountains of Takitumu and overlooking a traditional pawpaw plantation. Relax on the indoor daybed while you enjoy a cup of Cook Islands artisan coffee or a refreshing local craft brewed beer. 1 king bed or 2 twins. Double occupancy is suitable for couples, those traveling with a friend or for those who'd like to be paired up with a roommate. Single occupancy is perfect for those traveling solo or desiring more privacy.
As Founder of Chrysalis Yoga Retreats, Kim Wolff travels the globe offering transformative yoga travel journeys in extraordinary, off-the-beaten-path destinations to bring her guests incredibly unique and wholly unforgettable experiences that inspire new ways of thinking, being and moving through the world.