Sole Yoga Holidays is so excited to share this incredible yoga holiday, April 3-8 in the gorgeous town of Essaouira, Morocco. This is our 6th time hosting at this charming boutique riad nestled within close proximity to the amazing souks, beaches and ancient fishing port.
- Location: Morocco
- Price: $1,595.00
- Start Date: 4/3/2017
- End Date: 4/8/2017
- Number of Days: 5
- Max Participants: 12
Each room and suite at Dar L'Oussia is meticulously decorated and extremely comfortable with its own elegant bathroom. Some rooms are decorated using traditional materials such as tadelakt, marble and zellige (intricate stucco resembling lace). Your host, Shari of Sole Yoga Holidays will guide you through twice daily powerful Ashtanga Flow lessons in the specially designed indoor yoga studio. Healthy and Delicious meals are served using European and classic Moroccan flavors. There are plenty of vegetarian options and special dietary requirements can be accommodated. We will explore the nearby markets, test our cooking skills for a lesson and take an unforgettable camel ride along the glorious nearby beach. We can't wait to share this yoga holiday with you.
ACCOMMODATIONS & FOOD
Perfectly balancing the elegance and sobriety of African style, Moorish character and European spirit, Dar L'Oussia offers a unique blend of tradition and comfort in each guest room. Every room features heated floors, a separate dressing area, places to sit and relax, and a private bathroom. Hairdryers and plush bathrobes can be provided as requested.
The lovely rooms are adorned with fresh flowers and jasmine petals are sprinkled on the pillows for a better sleep. What an adorable detail! The rooms are all set up for our single guests. If you are coming with a guest, please let us know and we can provide the special pricing to share.
Each morning we will enjoy a delicious breakfast on the scenic terrace or in the beautiful dining room. All meals will be prepared with European and traditional Moroccan recipes. Discover amazing dishes filled with flavors such as saffron, lemons and olives. Try a fresh salad (hot or cold) with artichokes and scented with ginger and honey. And delicious and traditional tagines and cous cous dishes will fill you up and leave you satisfied.
If you have room there are heavenly desserts such as caramel custard with cardamon or biscuits served with figs!
YOGA & ACTIVITIES
Enjoy twice daily invigorating Ashtanga Flow and Power Yoga sessions (75-90 mins) from the indoor yet, airy yoga room with views of the corridor of Dar L'Oussia. You will be inspired by the location and open-air feel of the space. Your host and instructor, Shari Hochberg will guide you through daily strengthening and invigorating Ashtanga lessons in the morning and late afternoon. All of our yoga holidays are open to all-levels, but some yoga experience is recommended to fully enjoy the practice.
There are two wonderful excursions included in your Moroccan Yoga Holiday:
We will take a camel ride along the beautiful beaches of Essaouira. It is a serene and picturesque location.
We will also enjoy a private tour on the local architecture and a trendy shopping experience in Essaouira. It is time to put our tour books aside and listen to a wonderful local share her personal stories and information on the local design. She will show us some incredible boutiques and shops.
Dar L'Oussia is right next to the souks so you can shop during your free time. Or, explore the ancient fishing port and see what the fishermen have caught that day.
For the more adventurous there is kite surfing and other local water sports.
- 8:00 light breakfast (coffee, herbal teas, fruit, cereal)
- 9:45 am Ashtanga Flow yoga (90 minutes)
- 12p - 5p Free Time: beach, explore, shop, relax, spa treatments
- One Afternoon Excursion-Camel Ride on Beach
- One Day Excursion-Private Architecture Tour & Shopping Experience
- 5:30 Ashtanga Power Flow Yoga (90 minutes--invigorating/challenging-all levels)
- 8:00 Dinner/Dessert at Dar L'Oussia (delicious vegetarian & non-vegetarian options)
- 5 nights accommodations at seaside riad
- Linens and fresh towels
- Breakfast & 3-course dinner each day (some dietary needs can be accommodated.
- alcohol & extra beverages not included, but available)
- Twice daily powerful Ashtanga Flow Yoga-ALL LEVELS (75-90 mins each session)
- One 30-minuteHammam treatment at hotel
- Private Architecture Tour/ Trendy Shopping Experience
- 1 hour Camel Ride Excursion along the gorgeous, scenic beach
- Airport Transportation to/from Marrakech airport-day of and departing day only
- (airfare, trains or other transport not included)
- All transport to excursions
- All taxes & entrance fees
ABOUT Shari Hochberg & Sole Yoga Holidays
Shari discovered the positive effects of a consistent yoga practice over 15 years ago in San Francisco, California and was certified in 2010 in Florence, Italy. She now enjoys teaching a vigorous, playful and challenging vinyasa flow. Shari has been leading yoga retreats for over 3 years from Greece to Israel to Morocco and all over Italy.