36-Day 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training and Permaculture Design in Costa Rica - May 2017
Imagine delving deeply into your yoga practice, becoming a certified yoga teacher and receiving your Permaculture Design Certificate with our 5-week integrative program, surrounded by the sweet magic of the Caribbean coast…
- Start Date: May 1, 2017
- End Date: June 5, 2017
- Location: Costa Rica
- Price: $4,799
This is the first Yoga Teacher Training and Permaculture Design program of it’s kind!
Yoga, permaculture and mindfulness practices can radically improve the lives of individuals and communities, so come journey with us to one of the most beautiful places on earth and learn how these practices translate into everyday life! At the end of this program you will qualify for 2 certifications: 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher & 72 hour Permaculture Design Certificate.
Discover the rich tradition of yoga and reconnect to mother earth in this comprehensive immersion that will help you uncover the skills it takes to lead an empowered life and transform and heal our communities!
Visit our website to read more about the program and to save your spot:
**Early Bird Pricing until January 15th, 2017**
ABOUT PUNTA MONA: Immerse yourself in an energy-conscious, off the grid, resourceful community of like-minded folk and enjoy delicious vegetarian meals, breath-taking views, and freedom of expression while re-discovering your true nature and connection to Mother Earth.
Punta Mona Center for Regenerative Design & Botanical Studies is an 85 acre off the grid, beach-front environmental education centre founded by permaculture activists Stephen Brooks and Sara Wu. Their unique facility is nestled within lush jungle forests; giving spectacular ocean views of the Caribbean coast!
Punta Mona’s community of dedicated permaculturists, farmers and yogis are dedicated to educate learners of all ages and from all walks of life in the art of regenerative living and teach environmental awareness through conscious, positive and creative solutions to the dilemmas facing the modern world, centering around permaculture principles. Stephen and Sara are on a mission to provide an alternative to the destructive land use practices taking place throughout Costa Rica and the world.
Their family owned and community focused eco-retreat provides delicious, organic food which is mostly home grown. Punta Mona is powered by eco-technologies and features an exemplary botanical collection that includes hundreds of species of tropical fruits, vegetables, herbs, medicinal plants, bamboo and extensive native hardwood reforestation.
In-depth training 5.5 days a week
5 weeks of accommodation at Punta Mona
Living in a community focused on harmonious relationships with the planet
3 Organic, delicious vegetarian meals per day
200 hour Awakened Spirit Yoga Teacher certification*
72 hour Permaculture Design certification*
Cacao and Sound Ceremony
Daily Yoga and Meditation classes
Illustrated Yoga Teacher Training Manual
Yoga Teacher Training – 200 Hours
YTT Program of Study:
Form, method of teaching, benefits and cautions of principal asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques) and kriyas (cleansing techniques)
- Learning to create various class-styles: beginner, intermediate and an introduction to prenatal yoga
- Teaching methodology, including modifications for age, focus and common injuries/conditions
- Anatomy and the physical/mental benefits of yoga
- Subtle yogic anatomy and the Chakras
- Introduction to Ayurveda, nutrition, and the yogic diet
- Ashtanga philosophy (the Eight-fold path)
- Study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Teaching practicum and feedback with the support of your trainers and peers
Permaculture Design Certification (PDC) – 72 Hours
What is Permaculture?
Permaculture, or permanent agriculture, means the conscious design and maintenance of agriculturally productive ecosystems that have the diversity, stability and resilience of natural ecosystems. It is the harmonious, sustainable integration of landscape and people. To read more about permaculture click here.
PDC Program of Study
The course covers the Permaculture Research Institute of Australia’s PDC curriculum, following Bill Mollison’s Designers Manual.
- Permaculture theory and principles from leaders in the field
- Sacred ecology, how sustainability deepens our understanding of yoga
- Land assessment, observation, and plant identification
- Water systems: the ability to implement basic grey water and composting systems necessary for a sustainable dwelling.
- Animal Systems: Aquaculture, integrated livestock management
- Vegetable production & agroforestry: food preservation to begin producing your own food and designing systems for yourself and others.
- Plant propagation, seed saving, germination and guilds
- Natural building theory & techniques
- Design Project: You will perform a land assessment, including client interview, permaculture design and presentation for a project in a small team
- 6:30 Yoga and meditation
- 8:00 Breakfast
- 9:30 Yoga philosophy/ teaching methodology or anatomy
- 10:45 Tea break
- 11:00 Yoga Lab/ techniques
- 12:30 Lunch
- 14:00 Working Meditation
- 15:00 Yoga philosophy/ permaculture lecture or practicum
- 16:15 Break
- 16:30 Yoga Lab/ techniques
- 18:00 Dinner
*20:00-21:00 optional film or satsang twice per week
- 6:00 Yoga and meditation
- 7:30 Breakfast
- 8:30 Permaculture
- 12:30 Lunch
- 14:00 Working meditation
- 15:00 Permaculture or yoga lab
- 18:00 Dinner
Participants will enjoy 1.5 days off per week for rest and integration.
ABOUT AWAKENED SPIRIT YOGA
Awakened Spirit Yoga is a globally recognized school and community with an integrative, holistic and contemplative focus. We are a team of highly trained and accomplished yoga community leaders who engage with the world through the practice of yoga. We offer a balance of hatha, vinyasa flow, therapeutic yoga, mindfulness, and social and environmental activism steeped in traditional yogic wisdom. Our heart-centered approach explores yoga, meditation and social change through embodied learning, self-study, environmentalism and engaged Buddhism.