Mystic Yoga Academy's 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is an intensive and inspirational Yoga immersion the in the Prana Paradise of the heart of Costa Rica. This foundational Yoga training is essential for those wishing to teach Yoga and also for those feeling called to deepen, enrich, and expand their experience of the sacred practice.
- Country: Costa Rica
- Base Price: $4,150.00 (tuition and housing)
Double (shared) accommodation:
Main Lodge: $4150 USD
Jungle Cabin: $4750 USD
Private Villa: $5050 USD
Master Bedroom of 2 Bedroom House: $4950 USD
Guest Bedroom of 2 Bedroom House: $4800 USD
*single supplemental fee is an extra $500 USD.
- Start Date: 1/21/2018
- End Date: 2/15/2018
- Max Participants: 18
This foundational 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training offers you a unique and powerful opportunity to prepare to lead Yoga as you draw from essential elements of the Hatha, Vinyasa, and Kundalini Yoga traditions. Within the course of our 26 days together in the Prana Paradise of Mystica Lodge in the heart of Costa Rica, you will have the chance to dive deep into your personal practice and experience of Yoga while also benefiting from the various elements of the course that will awaken and nurture your connection to your True Self – the Love that is the Essence of who you really are.
So often in life, we become overwhelmed with stresses and traumas, both big and small. Our vital Prana (Life Energy) often gets blocked, stuck, and/or frozen. From this state of being, our channels of energy function at a low capacity, manifesting in various ways such as anxiety, depression, addictions, low self-esteem/confidence, relationship struggles, dis-ease, and a general lack of purpose, meaning, and motivation.
The Essence of Yoga we will explore in depth during this training includes Meditation (mind training), Pranayama (breathing exercises), Asana (physical postures), Vinyasa (movement flow linked with breath), Deep Relaxation Techniques, Chanting (raising vibration), and Kriyas (purifying rituals & actions). All of these elements from the Yoga tradition work together to liberate our energies, leading us back to our breath, back to our True Selves, and back to our essential radiance and vitality.
The Essence Awakening 200 Hour intensive and inspiring Yoga Teacher Training is for you if:
- you feel called to become certified as a skilled, compassionate, and heart-centered Registered Yoga Teacher and/or
- you are ready to deeply commit to your personal growth and evolution through the sacred practice of Yoga through this special time of Tropical Yoga Immersion.
Your Yoga Teacher Training will be deeply enriched by the magical surroundings. Mystica Lodge is a gem in Costa Rica - a beautiful Prana Paradise in which to be immersed in your powerful Yoga experience. Each accommodation has its own private bathroom, and all rooms either have a wonderful view of the majestic Arenal Lake and Volcano or of the jungle forest and flowing river.
Within the course, most days are quite full with practice and lectures, however there will also be some down time each day, as well as days off after each of the 3 main modalities: Liberation, Transformation, and Empowered Creation. During your free time you can book a relaxing massage or Reiki session in Mystica's healing tree-house, have a swim in the dipping pool, or walk the Mystic Star Labyrinth for calming inspiration.
To make the most of your days off, you might take a trip to the healing Hot springs by the Arenal Volcano, hike to the Blue Waterfall (Rio Celeste) in the Tenorio National Park, or take a trip to the beautiful beach at Playa Hermosa.
When you participate in this 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program, you will:
- be guided through daily experience to develop a personal Sadhana (spiritual practice) that includes meditation, pranayama, Universal prayer, gentle awakening Yoga, and chanting
- learn the Essentials of Yogic history, philosophy, and unitive psychology
- gain a practical understanding of the foundational sacred text of Hatha Yoga: Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras including the 8-limbed Yogic path (Ashtanga)
- have an opportunity to learn in-depth about the Core Asanas from the Hatha tradition (forward bends, standing poses, hip openers & twists, back bends, inversions, core strength, balances, and advanced poses) – this will include postural alignment, cues for effective leading, and helpful, safe hands-on-assists for specific postures
- learn about Essential Breath and how to guide Pranayama exercises from both the Hatha and Kundalini traditions
- find your ‘Inner Teacher Voice’ – learning to guide Yoga with wisdom and love, using your unique manner of expression
- explore the main systems of the body (ie. respiratory, circulatory, digestive, musculo-skeletal, etc.) along with transformational anatomy & physiology as it pertains to Yoga
- learn the essentials of Yoga Energetics: Chakras (wheels of life energy), Vayus (expressions of energy), Meridians (channels of energy), and Bandhas (internal energetic engagements)
- be introduced to the power of Kundalini and how to awaken and nourish this energy through breath-work, chanting, physical exercises, meditations, and purifying rituals/actions
- learn the Ethics of being a Yoga teacher along with the guidelines set by Yoga Alliance for RYTs (Registered Yoga Teachers)
- explore the foundational principles of Yin, Restorative, and Pre-Natal Yoga
- create and lead a 60 minute Practicum ‘Essence Awakening Yoga’ class, receiving valuable support and feedback and by the lead and assistant trainers.
Upon successful completion of this holistic and transformational program, you will qualify to become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with the international certifying board, Yoga Alliance.
Purify and refine your Life Force Vibration through Essence Awakening Yoga, and step into your life in a way that helps you manifest radiant wellness and the realization of your heart’s greatest desires and dreams. Prepare yourself to Serve from Love.
SCHEDULE & ITINERARY
Sample Daily Itinerary
- 7am - Morning Sadhana (includes meditation, pranayama, gentle Yoga warm-up, and chanting)
- 8am - Breakfast
- 9-10:30am - Morning Lecture (ie. Yogic Philosophy, Essentials of Breath, Asana Study, etc.)
- 10:30-10:45am - Break
- 10:45am- 12:30pm - Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Class
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 1:30-2:30 Free time
- 2:30-4:30 - Afternoon Lecture (ie. Anatomy & Physiology, Ethics of Teaching, Chakra Energetics Study, etc.)
- 4:30-4:45pm - Break
- 4:45-6:30pm - Evening Yoga Practice & Daily Completion
- 7pm - Dinner & Good Night!
- Tuition for the 200 hours of training
- Accommodations at Mystica from January 21 – February 15, 2018 (arrive on January 21st and depart on February 15th)
- Three delicious and nourishing meals per day at Mystica beginning with dinner January 21 and finishing with breakfast on February 15th
Please note: Flights to and from Costa Rica along with transportation to and from Mystica Lodge are NOT included in the price package for the YTT.
Mystica Lodge has 11 accommodations available to you for your stay during the Yoga Teacher Training. There are 6 beautiful main lodge rooms, each with their own private bathrooms and a spectacular view of the majestic Arenal lake and volcano. We have 1 private villa with its own kitchenette, private terrace, and fireplace. There is a 2-bedroom house, each bedroom having its own bathroom. This house has a large kitchen and living space, terraces overlooking the lake and volcano, and an out-door hot tub and shower. Also, our newest accommodations are the 2 jungle cabins, each with its own bathroom and outdoor terrace overlooking the jungle and river.
The accommodations at Mystica are clean, beautiful, and filled with love.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Lori’s love affair with yoga began twenty-two years ago. As a dancer and a very spiritual being in her essence, the movement, breath, and space that Yoga offered spoke to her soul and ignited a spark that has only gotten stronger and more powerful over the years. It is an honor and a joy for Lori to lead the YTT at magical Mystica.