Yoga Adventure in Nepal
An innovative, non-dogmatic, interdisciplinary yoga experience for those with an interest in Yoga Philosophy and ancient practices. Taking in the sacred sites of Nepal whilst deepening your understanding of yoga and spiritual practice.
- Country: Nepal
- Base Price: $1,695.00
- Start Date: 4/16/2017
- End Date: 4/26/2017
The Kathmandu Valley was once a vast lake trapped by the Himalayas. According to legend, the yogi Manjushri saw a sacred lotus rising from the waters and cut a channel with his sword to drain the waters. Since then, the sacred valley has been home to the Buddha, Lord Shiva, great yogis like Goraknath and Matsyendranath, Padmasambhava (Guru Rinpoche), Kali, Vajrayogini, a retinue of dakinis, and a continual mix of Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims dating back to the 5 BCE. The entire Kathmandu Valley is a World Heritage site, a living museum, filled with ancient temples, hidden shrines, enormous stupas, and priceless stone sculptures. Nepal is the perfect location to explore the roots of yoga and tantric worship in both ancient Hindu and Buddhist yogic practices. This Yoga Adventure is the perfect way to experience important religious sites in a way that you will understand their meaning.
The thread of this unique Himalayan pilgrimage is the Yoga, and you will receive over 75 hours of teachings and yoga practice as we travel to some of the most sacred sites of Nepal.
- Wander the winding streets of medieval towns to visit ancient shrines, temples and museums.
- Learn about devotional iconography in architecture, sculpture and art.
- Walk the Kora around the Boudhanath stupa overseen by the eyes of the Buddha.
- Receive Buddhist and Hindu teachings from spiritual masters.
- Participate in darshan, ritual and puja.
- Meditate in the cremation ghats of Pashupatinath.
- Spin prayer wheels, raise prayer flags, recite mantras; mediate with monks.
- Explore tantric practices in meditation/pranayama/mudras/asana, all within the context of yogic philosophy.
- Study a Sanskrit text and paint a mandala.
Our teachers are experienced yogis, spiritual masters, and artists, many who’ve lived in Nepal for over 25 years. They will guide us through the fascinating mix of Buddhist and Hindu iconography to discover the roots of Tantra in Nepal, all within the context of yogic philosophy and practice.
Day 1 – Arrival Day. Kathmandu.
Day 2 – Kathmandu
Day 3 – Pharping
Day 4 – Pharping
Day 5 – Patan
Day 6 – Boudhanath | Pashupati
Day 7 – Boudhanath | Sanku Vajrayogini
Day 8 – Bhaktapur
Day 9 – Namo Buddha
Day 10 – Namo Buddha
Day 11 – Departure Day
If you wish to extend your tour in Nepal and do some trekking, we’re happy to help you arrange this.
- Yoga tuition
- Shared accommodation (single supplement charge is available on request)
- Breakfast and dinner (lunch is not included in the price)
- Entrance fees
- Transportation to sacred sites.
We will stay in simple, but comfortable accommodation – a mix of nice hotels and Nepalese guesthouses, from rustic chic traditional Newari homes to basic pilgrim lodges.
About Heather Elton
Heather has taught Astanga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga, as well as traditional forms of Hatha Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation in London since 2002. Yoga philosophy is always integrated into the asana practice, enabling her students to gain a deeper understanding of yoga. Heather's aim is to help others diminish suffering in their lives.