Our yoga pose of the week with Brittany Ford is Uttitha Hasta Padangusthasana! [wp_ad_camp_1]
How to do it Right
- Begin standing in Mountain Pose with your feet together and arms at your sides. Breathe deeply and draw your awareness to the present moment. Shift your hands together in front of your heart.
- Shift your weight to your left foot. Very slowly, draw your right knee up toward your chest. Bring your right arm to the inside of your right thigh. Then loop your index and middle fingers around your right foot’s big toe. Place your left hand on your left hip. (As a modification, keep the right knee bent and place the right hand to the front of the right knee, OR using a belt, look your right foot in the help to create more length in the right arm and extend your right leg long.
- Straighten your spine. Strongly engage your abdominal muscles and the muscles of your left leg.
- On an exhalation, extend your right leg forward. Straighten your right leg as much as possible.
- Keep both hips squared forward and keep your spine straight.
- Open your right knee of leg out to the right and bring your gaze and left hand out to the left. Start for about 10 breaths and slowly come back to center.
- To release, draw your knee back into your chest, then slowly lower your foot to the floor. Come back to Mountain Pose. Then repeat on the opposite side for the same amount of time.
Don’t forget to follow me @yoga_birdie and @yogatraveltree on Instagram. Comment any pose that you’d like to practice next!! Visit yogatraveltree.com and britfordyoga.com for mor information and for contact information. Namaste and see you next week!!! #lovelovelove