Yoga Pose of the Week: Parsva Bhuja Dandasana (Grasshopper Pose)
Our yoga pose of the week with Brittany Ford is Grasshopper Pose! [wp_ad_camp_1]
How to do it:
- Begin in your Figure 4 pose with your right ankle to the front of your left leg above your knee and flex into your right foot standing on the left leg.
- Bring your palms together with you hands in front of your heart. Softly bend into the left leg and sink into your hips, sending your hips down and back and your heart and chest forward.
- As you would twist in your twisting chair pose, begin to twist to the left. Place the back of the right arm to the sole of the right foot.
- Place your hands down on the floor facing the left and look in the direction of your hands as your lean the weight of the body forward.
- Strongly press the right foot into the right arm and lift the left food off the the floor and straighten it. Flex strongly into the heel for balance and stability.
- Slowly come out the same way you came in!
Don’t forget to follow me @yoga_birdie and @yogatraveltree on Instagram. Comment any pose that you’d like to practice next!! Visit yogatraveltree.com and britfordyoga.com for mor information and for contact information. Namaste and see you next week!!! #lovelovelove