News from Around the Yogasphere
We Dig so You Don’t Have to
Turns out yoga is perfect for race car drivers! Hot yoga helps to stabilize body temperature and clears the mind for the win according to some indycar racers.
Yoga for Seeing Impaired
University of Washington computer scientist’s have developed a program for the hard-of-seeing which uses verbal cues to reposition practitioners.
The Art of Yoga
Shutdown and all, the Smithsonian still plans to open the Art of Yoga exhibition this weekend, and will run it through January.
Canada Does it Right
Guru Athletics uses recycled plastic bottles to create eco-smart, and stylish hot yoga towels.
Also in the News
- This bloggers experience with hot yoga is hilarious!
- As yoga gains footing in the medical community, MeMD.com releases Yoga RX for depression patients.
- Baby-bound? Use Yoga Nidra to calm down your mind(s).
- 7 beautiful yoga studios to help bring you a little closer to enlightenment.
- A great recipe for DIY yoga mat spray.
- Yoga poses that can potentially hurt you, and modifications to make them safer.
- Another new style of yoga called “Yogalosophy” and Jennifer Aniston swears by it.
- A bunch of photos of women competing in Tough Mudder adventure races in yoga pants.
What You Really Think About During Yoga:
Blogs to Buzz About
Rebecca writes to combine two worlds: Lawyerhood and Yogidom. Is Yoga Legal? offers its readers sound, higher-self advice with a real, working-world perspective. One of our favorite features is the handy "Themes" bar at the right of each page, providing easy access to advice on all kinds of topics, from neuroscience to forgiveness. Rachel's library of articles is enormous, and well-organized. Each article is poignant, helpful and well-written.
Lawyer on yogi!