OM ALL ABOUT IT- January 10, 2014
Top Picks: Yoga News of the Week
First Nobel Peace Prize Winner from India (Maybe)
Should BKS Iyengar be considered for the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize? If he won, he would be the first Indian to receive the prestigious award.
Off the Mat, Into the Octagon
A Chinese yoga instructor “snuck under the radar” on The Ultimate Fighter China, and appeared as a fighter. Spoiler alert: He lost.
Guest Starring Alec Baldwin
Yoga instructor Hilaria Baldwin taught a class at the Smithsonian during the Art of Yoga Exhibit, while her famously anti-yoga husband stood watch.
Also in the News
- Colin Farrell starts the year off right with a yoga class.
- Simple poses to get you started with yoga at home.
- The yoga of bicycling.
- Trend Alert: Hot Vinyasa.
- Teaching children to love themselves through yoga.
- One woman’s terrible Bikram experience.
- Men, your ladies like it when you do yoga.
- After riots in Little India, Singapore is now offering yoga for stressed out foreigners.
- Berkley "yoga burglar" caught after a year of theft.
In Case You Missed it